Now, I used to play tennis everyday, but that was a few (or more...) years ago. I haven't played regularly, in fact, since freshman year in college. I have been missing it a lot, and am trying to get Miles into it. So, imagine my excitement when I was asked to join a league with some old tennis friends and other ladies!

Unfortunately, I found out last week that it fell through. Truth be told, it was a little daunting to be joining a pretty tough league that would have probably whooped my booty. (Since my booty needs to be whooped into shape, it would have been the perfect way to do it, though.) It also hurt a little that I'd been so excited, I had immediately registered with USTA to get my official membership.

And by registered and hurt, I mean payed $45 to be legit in league tournaments.
My goal is to still go practice with Miles, maybe find a league to join that's even closer to my home, and still get back into playing tennis more - even if the first plan didn't pan out.
Also, I've decided what will help motivate me is a bit of a temperature drop and a cute, new tennis outfit!
Kidding!
...kind of.
I think there is a league that plays at T C U Sorry it fell through. You are one of us now cracked me up.
ReplyDeleteI hope no animals were hurt in the making of this blog! ....... Tennis, what a great game....hopefully my foot will recover enough so I can play tennis w/you & Miles soon.
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are funny. I would like to learn how to play tennis just for the clothes.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Joanie, Jordan has been begging me to play with him but I think my lack of coordination would not be good...another reason we should live closer!! You two could play and I could watch in a cute tennis outfit :) Miss you tons!
ReplyDelete