1.03.2012

DONOT EAT DONUTS

I would like to address one resolution that I have for 2012.  It's more like a self-ordered mandate.

STOP GETTING DONUTS ON YOUR WAY TO WORK!!

I am not going to sugar-glaze it.
I am not going to sprinkle the truth with bits of sweetness.
I am not going to cover the facts in chocolate.
I am not going to leave a hole in the middle of the story.

My name is Michelle, and I am a donut-holic.

Before you ask, no this is not something that began with pregnancy cravings or is cute in any, "Oh, you have to get a donut sometimes," type of way.  This is a for real problem. 

It all began my junior year of high school...  I took a dual credit class at TCC in high school.  Between that morning class and my 2nd block I had enough time for breakfast.  My other TCC classmates and I would head to M Donuts off of Matlock, stuff our faces with donuts, and then go on with the day.  It wasn't a problem at this point in my life because I was in high-school, played tennis for four hours a day, and was in high school.

To emphasize how often I got donuts, though, let me just make a side note to tell you that I once went back to this donut shop in college, while home for a break.  After placing what had been my standard order, she looked up and said, "I didn't recognize you, because you are wearing a different perfume."  She knew my smell, people. 

So, throughout college, I just missed breakfast.  Completely.  I was never awake for breakfast.  And, that did help.  However, there was a place called Kolache Rolf's that was open all day with fresh kolaches.  They were like crack, too.  But, it was nothing compared to my donuts. 

After beginning work at my current donut school, I mean middle school (see, it's an obsession), it quickly came to my attention that there was a donut shop on the way.  Now, I have regressed right back into high school donut-eating mode and frequent Sublett Donuts.  However, now I am not in high school, with a high school heart or body.  Now, I am not playing tennis for four hours after school.  In fact, yesterday, I fell asleep on the couch after school.  Now, my metabolism hates me.  So, it's, now, a problem.  See what I'm saying!?

My husband found me out, unexpectedly, a while back...  One morning, Miles and I were on our way to his parents' house, which is close to my work and my donut shop.  I casually suggested that the place was good and that we should stop in.  As soon as we walk through the door, the woman asks, "Teacher, why you here on Saturday? This your husband? The usual?"  I flushed and placed our order.  Miles didn't say anything, but we got into the car to leave and he just looked at me, "The usual, huh?"

For a long time my donut problem has been something I sat on, like a deep, dark secret.  But, I am outing myself to the blogging public in hopes that it might help me achieve my goal, to meet my resolution. 

Because, well you see, this morning, on the third day of the new year, I was halfway to work when I saw my cleaners bag full of clothes that I really need back by this afternoon.  And, there is a same-day cleaners right next to....you guessed it - the donut shop! 

I am not going to sugar-glaze it.
I am not going to sprinkle the truth with bits of sweetness.
I am not going to cover the facts in chocolate.
I am not going to leave a hole in the middle of the story.

My name is Michelle, and I am a donut-holic.

4 comments:

  1. One day at a time, Michelle. You are right you have a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit I'm not the best role model, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are funny. They knew your smell? That is bad. At least you smelled good :)

    ReplyDelete