She could barely contain her excitement as we arrived and took in some of the exhibits.
We had this little conversation after a corn dog and a bottle.
Cora: "I love you, Mama."
Me : "No, I love you, baby girl."
Cora: "Oh, Daddy, actually, I love Daddy!"
Miles and I
We took in the Birds of the World show with Brett's family (who were coincidentally there on the same day). It was a good place to sit down for a break and watch Ben toss food up to a lucky bird. He's got good form, if I do say so myself.
Cora wanted to donate to the conservation cause. (Good thing that binky was in her mouth, so that the dollar bill wasn't!)
Miles was dead set on wearing his cowboy attire, even though I thought he looked a little stiff.
One of our favorite parts of the day was the gondola ride. It's short and goes from one end of the midway to the other, but it's very cool to see the fair from above. A new perspective.
Miles grabbed a beer at the Beers of the World exhibit.
Of course, we had corn dogs and real coca-cola - because why go with diet, when you're eating a corn dog? Am I right?
Cora had to sleep off the corn dog and coke.
It was so fun to be together at the State Fair of Texas. Can't wait to go again next year!!




Looks like it was a fun day!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day! I can't believe Cora was fooled by the "Midway Barker"! :X
ReplyDeleteI think Cora enjoyed her first State Fair. Did Ben really get to be in the Bird Show?
ReplyDeleteYour ferris wheel photograph is fabulous!