1.05.2013

Thanksgiving 2012

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving.  It was a Thanksgiving that we truly had so much to be thankful for.  Topping the list: sweet, adorable baby girl, good health, loving family, and awesome friends - of course!  Each year, we alternate which of our family's we spend Thanksgiving with to keep things light on the tummy and heavy on the quality time. 

This year was my family's year.  My parents hosted a wonderful day for us.  Let me list the highlights - I'm sure they're similar to your day...

-amazing food (duh)
-dad sleeping in the living room (duh)
-hugs and kisses each time I caught a kiddo
-getting great advice, as usual, from my sister
-trying to take a family picture, in which each person has an opinion about lighting, planes, and configurations of said family (a Brier family tradition, with film footage as proof)
-playing a card game in which you try to beat one another in speed and strategy
-football (duh)
-checking on my baby, while she slept in the closet
-going for a golf cart ride with my brother
-watching my mom spoil my daughter with her first matching "girl cousins' gift" (adorable boots)
-going to the Parade of Lights in Fort Worth

I really enjoyed pausing this season to think about everything I have to be thankful for.  I would not be able to make a list that was all encompassing because I am just too blessed.  I hope you had an amazing Thanksgiving, almost two months ago, too!  Here are some pictures of the family.

Adorable, growing up so fast, Ben.

Ava, who always looks at Cora so sweetly!

Little Lucy.

I love this picture!

Mom and Dad.
Poppy and Jama.
Jan and Barry.

My blue-eyed girl.

The cute eyebrow.

Our first Thanksgiving as a family of three.

3 comments:

  1. It was great having the whole family here for Thanksgiving! ... I have noticed Cora holds her right eyebrow up when she needs a hug from her Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful Thanksgiving. It felt like we got to spend a good amount of time all together.

    ReplyDelete