4.03.2012

The Second Year

Happy Two-Year Anniversary, Miles!!
*Yesterday :)

Two years ago in Mexico.



I feel like I've been married longer - not in that bad, it's never going to end, type of way - but in the, I feel like I've known you forever type of way...

Nine years ago in college.



It's always funny, when you're getting married, to hear everyone say things like, "The first year of marriage is sooo hard," or "The first year of marriage was really fun and easy!"  As with most things in life, people tend to want to warn you, share their experiences, and project their lives on to your own.

In our first year.


People don't mention much about the second year of marriage, though.  It's the year you're left to fend for yourselves.  And, you crave it by that point.  You want to be left alone, to focus more on creating your own family, as a couple.  Miles and I did that.  We made an effort to be one another's partners and to put our needs first.  Other people might have not even noticed, or maybe they were offended, but the second year was our chance to move on from the after-wedding glow and into building upon that sweet foundation.

In our second year.




Things in our second year of marriage happened quickly...
We took a quick vacation to Mexico.
We quickly (and surprisingly) became pregnant.
We spent the quick-paced holiday season with loved ones.
We had 2012 quickly slap us in the face with health issues.
We thanked God for our family and friends' quick willingness to be there for us.
We quickly developed a relationship TWICE as strong as in our first year of marriage.

Now, we know our third  year of marriage is truly going to change us.  We will be parents very soon - a mommy and a daddy to a sweet baby girl.  It is special, and it is scary.  Our relationship will grow and change, as it does every year.  I don't know what people think, what advice people might share, or how other's third year of marriage fared.

All I do know, is that we will come out THREE times as strong.


I love you, Miles.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and Miles are maturing nicely together. Keep up the posts.
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete