I experience a simultaneous feeling of, I can't believe you are already one month old, and I just feel as though I've always known you.
I like to call you my itty bitty baby because you're so tiny. I love to cuddle with you sleeping against my chest. When you're awake and looking at my face, you know I can't set you down. I'm a sucker for your funny faces, adorable coos, and big yawns. I want to capture each moment and detail to save forever. I miss you anytime you're not in my arms, and I really have to plan for down time with you each day to feel satisfied and as though I've made the most of my day with you.
Here are some facts we've learned about you - after having known you for just one month already.
One Month Stats:
Weight: 6lbs 14oz (fifth percentile)
Height: 20.5in (thirtieth percentile)
All About You:
Hair: long and full brown hair
Eyes: light eyes, gray blue, and we see green in them at times

-Your sleeping patterns are to wake up like clockwork for feedings every three hours. If you feed from 12-1245, you'll be up at 3 no matter when you actually fall asleep! If you do go over this length of time without waking up to eat, you wake up freaking out.
It looks something like this.

-Your feeding schedule is as mentioned above. You have a bit of reflux going on. You have a sonogram scheduled for Monday to help determine the severity of it. The medicine we have tried, just hasn't seemed to make a difference. In fact, you've had to go to the doctor each week for something or another. But, you're actually very healthy. I can't imagine what some parents go through and am so thankful it hasn't been anything too serious.
-Some sounds and motions you make are to hold your arms out in front of you when you burp, to gurgle and coo as you sleep, to lift your head from shoulder or ground (during tummy time) to look at us, to kick or push with your legs, and to cry and fuss. You'll put up with a short stint in tummy time, and you really work your legs and move your head.
-This month, you especially like to be held while you sleep. You will lay in the same spot on someone's shoulder or chest for long naps. You enjoy your swing, the moby wrap, and being in our arms. As can be expected, your favorite activity is to eat.
-Your dislikes are to spit up and burp. You usually cry afterward. But, you also do not like the reflux medicine. You make a face that shows that, when you take it.
-Your favorite toys and games don't really exist at this point. You enjoy staring at the pegboard, and toys hanging on the pegboard, behind your changing pad. Oh, you do love your pacifier! That's kind of like a toy.
-By the end of the month, you are learning to work with your neck and leg muscles. You are learning to follow a toy with your eyes. You seem to have mastered getting out of your swaddle.
We love you, Cora!
You think this 1st month went by fast...wait til you see how fast 27 years goes by for you as a parent. That Cora is a keeper!
ReplyDeletePrecious photos. And precious Cora.
ReplyDelete